Create a free website with Academic using Markdown, Jupyter, or RStudio. Choose a beautiful color theme and build anything with the Page Builder - over 40 widgets, themes, and language packs included!
Check out the latest demo of what you’ll get in less than 10 minutes, or view the showcase of personal, project, and business sites.
- Setup Academic
- Get Started
- View the documentation
- Ask a question
- Request a feature or report a bug
- Updating? View the Update Guide and Release Notes
- Support development of Academic:
- Page builder - Create anything with widgets and elements
- Edit any type of content - Blog posts, publications, talks, slides, projects, and more!
- Create content in Markdown, Jupyter, or RStudio
- Plugin System - Fully customizable color and font themes
- Display Code and Math - Code highlighting and LaTeX math supported
- Integrations - Google Analytics, Disqus commenting, Maps, Contact Forms, and more!
- Beautiful Site - Simple and refreshing one page design
- Industry-Leading SEO - Help get your website found on search engines and social media
- Media Galleries - Display your images and videos with captions in a customizable gallery
- Mobile Friendly - Look amazing on every screen with a mobile friendly version of your site
- Multi-language - 15+ language packs including English, 中文, and Português
- Multi-user - Each author gets their own profile page
- Privacy Pack - Assists with GDPR
- Stand Out - Bring your site to life with animation, parallax backgrounds, and scroll effects
- One-Click Deployment - No servers. No databases. Only files.
Academic comes with day (light) and night (dark) mode built-in. Click the sun/moon icon in the top right of the Demo to see it in action!
Choose a stunning color and font theme for your site. Themes are fully customizable and include:
- Academic Admin: An admin tool to import publications from BibTeX or import assets for an offline site
- Academic Scripts: Scripts to help migrate content to new versions of Academic
You can choose from one of the following four methods to install:
- one-click install using your web browser (recommended)
- install on your computer using Git with the Command Prompt/Terminal app
- install on your computer by downloading the ZIP files
- install on your computer with RStudio
Then personalize and deploy your new site.
Feel free to star the project on Github to help keep track of updates.
Copyright 2016-present George Cushen.
Released under the MIT license.